Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Quest Continues...


Ok, so my quest to get free stuff is still on, lest you think I’ve grown faint hearted over the non-response from Susie Fogelson of the Food Network. In fact, it took a bit of a serious turn last week, while I was dining at one of my favorite restaurant chains.

We ate as a family at Carrabba’s Italian Grill, where we were seated next to the open kitchen. One of the chefs was talking rather loudly, and my son overheard some less than appropriate language. And while I won’t go into great detail (partially out of respect for my still favorite restaurant), it involved the word penis and some mild profanity. Had I been alone, or simply with my wife, it would’ve rolled off my back like rain drops on a freshly waxed windshield. However, I was with my kids and had to do some explaining that I didn’t really care to do while eating my eggplant pizza (I know what you’re thinking… seriously, it rocks!). So, being the activist that I now am, I submitted an online comment to the Carrabba’s corporate office.

Today, the phone rings, and it’s the manager of the restaurant. He’s extremely apologetic and wants me to describe the perpetrator to him. So I start feeling guilty, right? Like I’m going to be responsible for someone losing their job. Then he says to me, “look… don’t worry… I’m not going to fire him, I just want to teach him what’s acceptable and what’s not. So we go through the whole story and I’m thinking to myself, “I sure hope Isaac heard this guy right.” I’d really hate to get someone in trouble for something they didn’t do. But the bottom line is this… I now have a dinner for 2 at Carrabba’s. Can you say, “rock on!”?

So, after you’re done showing your support for McD’s (see blog below), please go have yourself a nice Italian dinner at Carrabba’s.


1 comment:

Colleen said...

The Italian Grill. After watching Goodfellas I am here to tell you that Italian Restaurants sometimes have partners in the mob. These guys can talk anyway they like, which is why said cook wont be fired Im guessing. though he may be sans pinky finger on your next trip. I will for one, head on over with my family now that you've recommended because I like italian food, leg horns,olive oil w/bread, and mobsters. FUHGEDDABOUDIT !!